From:
David Darmofal <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, David Darmofal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2023 14:38:34 -0400
Hi. We're advertising for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in
American Politics at the University of South Carolina. I'm chairing the
search committee and am happy to answer any questions about the position.

Here is information on the position:

The Department of Political Science at the University of South Carolina
seeks applications for a nine month, full-time, tenure-track Assistant
Professor position in American Politics, to begin August 16, 2024. We seek
candidates with well-conceived, theoretically informed research agendas who
have published in or demonstrate the promise of publishing in leading
outlets.

Successful candidates will be able to teach substantive courses in American
Politics, contribute to the department’s graduate and undergraduate
programs in methodology, and to the teaching of the Founding Documents of
the United States. A Ph.D. in political science is required by the start
date of appointment.

The position will remain open until filled, and the search committee will
begin reviewing applications on October 20, 2023.

Here is the link to our ad:
https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/154139

Best,
Dave

_________________________________

David Darmofal
Professor
Department of Political Science
University of South Carolina
350 Gambrell Hall
Columbia, SC 29208
(803) 777-3109
https://daviddarmofal.com/

*Spatial Analysis for the Social Sciences
<http://www.cambridge.org/9780521716383>, *
Cambridge University Press

*Demography, Politics, and Partisan Polarization*
<https://www.springer.com/la/book/9783030039998>
*in the United States, 1828-2016*
<https://www.springer.com/la/book/9783030039998>
(co-authored w/ Ryan Strickler)