From:
Zac Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Zac Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2023 16:20:48 +0000
Dear all,

We would like to invite for the editorship of two special issues of the
Journal of Elections, Public Opinion and Parties (JEPOP), under the general
supervision of the current editorial team and the associate editors. We are
accepting proposals for two separate special issues, each accompanied by up
to £1,500 in financial support to host an organizing workshop for the
special issue. The first special issue is thematic, and focuses, broadly
speaking, on dynamics of disinformation, conspiracy theories, and affective
polarization. We are particularly keen to receive proposals that tackle
these issues in a comparative fashion, and/or focusing on the psychological
mechanisms associated with the processing of (and resistance against)
disinformation and fake news, the underpinnings and consequences of beliefs
in conspiracy theories, and the individual and group roots of affective
polarization and outgroup principle dislike. Proposals that cut across
several of these topics - e.g., whether an affinity towards conspiracy
theories lowers the defense mechanisms against persuasive disinformation -
are particularly welcomed. The deadline to submit a proposal for this
first, thematic special issue is April 16, 2023.

See the the journal website
<https://www.tandfonline.com/journals/fbep20/special-issues#siProp>for
additional information. We look forward to hearing more about your
proposals!

Sincerely,
Zac
--