From:
Bruce Desmarais <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Bruce Desmarais <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2023 09:02:25 -0400
Dear colleagues,

Apologies for cross-posting. This summer (6/12 - 6/16) I am offering a new
short/intensive workshop on Recent Advances in Network Analysis in the
ICPSR Summer Program. I am including the workshop description, along with a
link to the tentative syllabus, below. Space is still available, and only 2
weeks of early pricing remains (through May 1).   Register here
<https://umich-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/2dwgq7TmPQIFyR6nwgTAiIX00xqN-z31ALFhzJfBFslaSLhp8hwEHYjpMfV5nARq-hPic2kC6RoOCV6raTgh-ZnXOWsREOT73JFE-q9O6PIYgqRQ-blcuLvGBllwlbypMgNOnCylGqDa-rSFqrXA6S9KKLO1hpqyMIWd1bB8VuYfogcgSE-q53QIeU2u2A87s1sCaA4ICa_JJJ3nlW5XQkhTLUWXSvtkzsDDGRbJU>.
Keyword search my and other Workshops, including several others on network
analysis, and their descriptions here
<https://umich-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/2nrFbPUCZPK8KBI9hKxdcQJTx0HlXL7uxN8rAPWC_tB-WLhp8hwHozyo4t4Qk5aXxzqJ6WneryW_Ub_v7plt-dGif7wgbreiCMvtaOTnPomvMtLDQPnQpmKc8CHXCyqAGjMJ6ZRx1QH0G4wRT0rnGie_vuqV8PGpiP3L3j7tpZBBCx5QcMsC1QqkzlzHagyIJ5jtRYxVyil6qkkM3UxT3fNYP1TsUHTi2Ve0yry0vgXxw6GFhRVtJKFF4oAzfSU9cm08yCgGBsgl71MLQW9SHx3u3Hi80ttE>.
See
a list of available discounts
<https://umich-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/2vDkksS524dvpNgjU4DU__7w79CSIjOY2pJooji7lDUCeLhp8hwEN8-UpAoWNM0YIv5V-CSyN7bWdUkOMh5kWCpFu_XKSGLmyXgok9JvBC4LwBTsvITGe0jm17q4ZOqNKVgEeAUB_K5bhjDu8VIFkiiuHm73dp65Fk68NlcjAWN3iBhnqP2bZMxMQbovOYDPs_woBG-taqTSUIZZdT4jQjEMMP_ikYmE1lM2cyianOzGvtQ-ZK97Lo9UQzbmB3WWJCQguO26CcdaQrmMKhctf-gLQToNaaw>
(at
the bottom of the page), including the generous Group Discount: coordinate
with friends & colleagues in your department/institution!

occurring each year, and in many disciplines. In this course we will cover
major developments that have occurred over the last 5-10 years. Our major
areas of focus will include causal inference and experimentation;
measurement and missing data; and machine learning and prediction. We will
spend a day or two on each of these topics. Each day will include a
conceptual lecture, discussion of published application examples, tutorials
that involve open source software and real-world data, and some time to
discuss and work on individual projects and/or topics that are not listed
on the course syllabus. Participants with previous exposure to network
analysis will get the most from this course, but the content will be
presented in a way that is accessible to anyone with an intermediate
background in applied statistics.

Tentative 2023 Syllabus
<https://custom.cvent.com/20B21B22E235478DB8E401FD67B8AAC7/files/event/1f46bd104a364469a9541d9dfe9ca5a8/b07260cffdbf40a3b7018c4d0e3e15ae.pdf>

Please do be in touch with any questions.

-Bruce

----
Bruce A. Desmarais (he/him)
DeGrandis-McCourtney Early Career Professor in Political Science
Director, Graduate Programs in Social Data Analytics
Director, Center for Social Data Analytics
Co-Hire, Institute for Computational and Data Sciences
Pennsylvania State University
brucedesmarais.com