From:
Ken Kollman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Ken Kollman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2024 10:39:40 -0400
On behalf of CLEA leadership, we are pleased to announce the
latest CLEA data release.

CLEA Release 17 (2024019) includes updates to the Lower Chamber election
data.

*Overview of CLEA Release 17*

CLEA Lower Chamber:
- Dataset now includes 2181 election results from 183 countries and
territories.
- This release adds 67 new lower house elections from 44 areas.
- We have added 3 new areas: Algeria, Macau, and Morocco.
- We have also added V-Dem polyarchy scores to Appendix I, which provide a
measure of the extent to which a society is democratic. Data come from the
V-Dem Institute (Varieties of Democracy) at https://v-dem.net/
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/lyris-mb.lmsslsecure.com/t/6417077/91762301/102607/1/__;!!IaT_gp1N!3EVs32x_92_XT13FBGT0Qp5CscOIMXBCF_wQaaq42ZWzDghSKGNviiwV4AQ1ku-ufQcwzTc9cjT5gFgU4QdF_FzyliQ$>
.

The datasets are free and available for download in the following formats:
Excel, Stata, SPSS, and R.

All files can be downloaded at www.electiondataarchive.org
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/lyris-mb.lmsslsecure.com/t/6417077/91762301/102617/2/__;!!IaT_gp1N!3EVs32x_92_XT13FBGT0Qp5CscOIMXBCF_wQaaq42ZWzDghSKGNviiwV4AQ1ku-ufQcwzTc9cjT5gFgU4QdFvp9777o$>

We would like to thank our users for bringing errors and new data to our
attention. These have been addressed in the latest release, and we continue
to welcome user feedback on these and other topics.

Julia Lippman, Project Manager, University of Michigan

Allen Hicken, University of Michigan

Ken Kollman, University of Michigan