From:
"Knox, Dean" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Knox, Dean
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2023 16:44:39 +0000
Dear colleagues,

The National Institute of Statistical Sciences (NISS) will be hosting an in-person meeting on “Statistical Challenges in the Analysis of Police Use of Force” that may be of interest to many here. We have funding to assist with student and early-career participation.

The forum will be held from November 9-10, 2023 at Carleton College in Northfield, Minnesota. It aims to bring together researchers that are both established and new in this important area of study. Researchers from statistics, criminology, political science, sociology, and other fields will be in attendance.

The forum will be hosted as a two-day, in-person workshop to overview research in this area and facilitate collaborations that advance statistical methodology for analyzing police use of force. The breakout sessions are meant to develop research groups on focused topics within the broader domain. After the workshop, we aim to publish a joint paper laying out an agenda for the field, as well as for each working group to produce additional manuscripts on specific topics.

More details and registration information, including a list of discussion topics and speakers, can be found on our EventBrite<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.eventbrite.com/e/iof-workshop-statistical-challenges-in-the-analysis-of-police-use-of-force-tickets-625662161367__;!!IBzWLUs!QYKeeMYDNO2yfvI2S7veQtOdsz_6SqNBO-R9gJILp_zejFYxcXxBH6JEwgqLvZmKgZEIch4jWoqGbHFN1_LDWAeB0IrW$> page and the NISS website<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.niss.org/events/iof-workshop-statistical-challenges-analysis-police-use-force__;!!IBzWLUs!QYKeeMYDNO2yfvI2S7veQtOdsz_6SqNBO-R9gJILp_zejFYxcXxBH6JEwgqLvZmKgZEIch4jWoqGbHFN1_LDWCO1gVsz$>. We also have access to travel funding to support early-career and student participants, with a generous student discount on registration as well. For more information on travel funding and discounted registration, email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Best,

Dean

On behalf of the Organizing Committee

Dean Knox, Tarak Shah, Greg Lanzalotto, Sara Shallenberger, and Claire Kelling

Dean Knox
Assistant Professor
Operations, Information and Decisions
Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
www.dcknox.com<http://www.dcknox.com/>