From:
Jonathan Homola <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Jonathan Homola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jul 2022 16:21:16 -0500
Dear POLMETH community,

The Department of Political Science at Rice University invites
applications for tenure-track positions in Comparative Politics
(focus: democratic representation, search committee chair: Randy
Stevenson) and International Relations (focus: political violence,
search committee chair: Ashley Leeds) to begin July 1, 2023.
Successful candidates will have advanced skills in quantitative
research methods.

The full ads are included below. We have a fantastic community here at
Rice so this is a great opportunity. I am part of the CP committee and
will be happy to answer questions about either search.

The application deadline for both positions is September 20. Please do
not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions at [log in to unmask]

All the best,
Jonathan

***** CP *****

The Department of Political Science at Rice University, located in
Houston, Texas, invites applications for a tenure-track position to
begin July 1, 2023. The appointment will be made at the rank of
assistant professor. Assistant professors will teach undergraduate and
graduate courses, perform research in their specialized area, and
contribute to university service. Therefore, successful candidates
will have a promising research agenda and strong analytical and
empirical skills as well as aspire to the highest standards of
scholarship, professional activity, and commitment to graduate and
undergraduate education.

We are particularly interested in candidates whose research interests
and expertise lie in the cross-national study of democratic
representation. Regional specialization is open, and we are interested
in candidates focusing on mass political behavior and/or elite
behavior and political institutions. Successful candidates will have
advanced skills in quantitative research methods. Candidates must
currently have a Ph.D. or complete the Ph.D. by July 1, 2023.

Rice University and the Department of Political Science are committed
to building and sustaining an inclusive, diverse environment for our
faculty, staff, and students. We encourage applications from
individuals who have been historically underrepresented in academia,
including people of color, LGBTQI+ people, women, and people with
disabilities. We strive to counter prejudice actively and to create a
working environment that is inclusive and equitable.

The application deadline is September 20, 2022. A complete application
must include a letter of application; a curriculum vitae; research,
teaching, and DEI statements; graduate school transcripts; two writing
samples; and three letters of recommendation (applicants must provide
contact information for three references who will be contacted
automatically for letters of recommendation). All applications should
be submitted electronically at https://apply.interfolio.com/109667

***** IR *****

The Department of Political Science at Rice University, located in
Houston, Texas, invites applications for a tenure-track position to
begin July 1, 2023. The appointment will be made at the rank of
assistant professor. Assistant professors will teach undergraduate and
graduate courses, perform research in their specialized area, and
contribute to university service. Therefore, successful candidates
will have a promising research agenda and strong analytical and
empirical skills as well as aspire to the highest standards of
scholarship, professional activity, and commitment to graduate and
undergraduate education.

We are particularly interested in candidates whose research interests
and expertise lie in the area of political violence, civil war, and/or
the microprocesses of conflict. Successful candidates will have

be submitted electronically at http://apply.interfolio.com/109663