From:
"Thomas J. Leeper" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Aug 2014 20:02:00 +0200
There exists pretty minimal public opinion data from that era
nationally, let alone at the state-level. I imagine you could combine
Berinsky et al.'s approach for reanalysis of quota sampling data from
the period with some kind small-area estimation technique (e.g.,
multilevel modelling with poststratification) to generate state-level
estimates, but I doubt there is anything already in existence. Digging
through the Roper Center iPoll databank is probably the best place to
start.

Best,
-Thomas

Thomas J. Leeper