From:
"Thomas J. Leeper" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2017 09:23:49 +0000
Paul,

Stata's _tabout_ add-on module should be able to do this. I've not used it
for this exact purpose but the documentation includes examples of these
kinds of summaries.

For R, I think you will need to do a fair amount of programming to get this
working well. The simplest approach is probably writing a function that
processes a given variable to a row vector of cells, then just rbind() the
results together into a matrix or data frame; the. You can output using
knitr::kable() or similar. Unfortunately, the best table production
packages, for example stargazer, are very modelling focused.

Best,
Thomas