From:
Jake Bowers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2008 16:22:16 -0500
Keynote's ability to show the presenter what is important to the
presenter and the audience what is important to the audience is
unmatched as far as I can tell.

But, copying and pasting from Preview/Skim/LatexIt into Keynote is
sort of annoying.

That is, Beamer is nicer for authoring and Keynote is nicer for
presenting (in my humble and relatively ill-informed opinion).

So, now, a couple of times I've used Beamer to make the presentation,
but then pdftokeynote to convert Beamer slides to Keynote:

http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~oneill/freesoftware/pdftokeynote.html

The dual-display Beamer option has always looked very promising to me.
I'd love to get a tutorial next Methods conference if any of y'all use
it routinely.

Jake

Jake Bowers
Assistant Professor Dept of Political Science
Research Scientist, National Center for Supercomputer Applications
University of Illinois @ Urbana-Champaign
http://www.umich.edu/~jwbowers