Title:      An Introduction to the Dataverse Network as an
Infrastructure for Data Sharing

Authors:    Gary King

Entrydate:  2007-09-16 10:57:13

archiving, preservation, informatics

Abstract:   We introduce a set of integrated developments in web
application software, networking, data citation standards, and
statistical methods designed to increase scholarly recognition
for data contributions; put some of the universe of data and
data sharing practices on firmer ground; and facilitate the
public distribution of persistent, authorized, and verifiable
data, with powerful and easy-to-use technology, even when the
data are confidential or proprietary.  Our goal is to solve some
of the political and sociological problems of data sharing via
technological means, with the result intended to benefit both
the scientific community and the sometimes apparently
contradictory goals of individual researchers.  (More
information on this project is available at
http://TheData.org.)

http://polmeth.wustl.edu/retrieve.php?id=721