From:
Aidar Zinnatullin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Aidar Zinnatullin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 15:46:58 +0100
The Institute of Communication Psychology and Media Education (IKM) is looking for a PhD candidate or Postdoc (m/f/d) in the field of political communication. The position is assigned to the team of Prof. Dr. Michaela Maier.
We are looking for a person with a clear scientific qualification goal. The position can be filled as a doctoral position (usually 75%) or postdoctoral position (100%).
We offer integration into a dynamic, highly motivated working group, which provides both opportunities for collaboration and exchange as well as the freedom to develop your own ideas.

Tasks:
The position’s main focus in research and teaching is in political communication.
The teaching commitment is 3 semester hours per week for doctoral students (at 75%) and
6 semester hours per week for postdocs (at 100%).

Requirements:
Successfully completed studies at a university or comparable institution of higher education (except with a Bachelor's degree) in communication science, alternatively in psychology or social sciences with communication science references, relevant doctorate and publication experience for postdocs if applicable.
Proof of relevant knowledge in the field of political communication research.
Interest in computational social sciences.
Excellent English and methodological skills are required.
You enjoy working independently and have good organizational and communication skills.

RPTU stands for the diversity of all employees. We welcome applications from all interested parties, regardless of their nationality, ethnic and social origin, age, religion, gender, disability and sexual orientation or identity. Severely disabled persons and persons with equal status to them will be given preference in the case of appropriate qualifications and suitability (please include proof of severe disability/equal status with your application).
RPTU strives to increase the proportion of women in areas where women are underrepresented. Applications from female and male scientists from abroad are strongly encouraged.
The position is subject to the German law on fixed-term contracts in science.

Your application:
We look forward to receiving your meaningful application (CV, certificates, etc.) by February 15th 2024 at the latest.

Please submit your application via our application portal:
https://jobs.rptu.de/en/jobposting/c6f810fcc26e6b72e489ae06354e65a82db8c6800/apply
For technical questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Michaela Maier (Tel.: 06341 / 280 33400, E-Mail: [log in to unmask]).