Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2012 10:53:05 -0400
Stony Brook University has 3 open rank positions being advertised -
Political Economy, Political Psychology, and American/Methodology.
Please let me know if you have questions.
thanks,
Matt

Political Economy
The Political Science Department seeks to hire in the field of Political
Economics beginning Fall 2013. We will look at applications at both the
junior and senior level. A senior (tenured) hire is possible for the right
candidate and may be jointly appointed with the College of Business. We
are particularly interested in the field of behavioral economics and those
with experimental approaches to studying political science and questions
in American politics. Our department contains several experimental labs
and has an active subject pool. Advanced methodological skills are a
strong plus. Candidates with primary interests in other areas of American
politics or in Political Psychology should apply to our other active
searches. The State University of New York at Stony Brook is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applications from women, people
of color, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans or Vietnam era
veterans are especially welcome. This position is subject to budgetary
approval. If you require a disability related accommodation, please
contact Ms. Pamela Wolfskill, 631-632-7688. We will primarily consider all
applications received by September 30, 2012, although we will continue to
accept applications after that date. Send letter of application, c.v.,
three letters of recommendation (names of references for senior
applicants), samples of written work, and transcript (junior applicants
only), preferably on-line at https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/1757,
or alternatively by post to Chair, Political Economy Search, Department of
Political Science, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794-4392.

Political Psychology
The Political Science Department seeks to hire in the field of Political
Psychology beginning Fall 2013. We will look at applications at both the
junior and senior level with a tenured hire being possible for the right
candidate. We are particularly interested in candidates with research
interests in a psychological approach to the study of political behavior,
including a focus on attitudes and emotions, biology and politics,
decision making, intergroup relations, political communication and social
influence, political ideology and values, and personality and politics.
Our department contains several experimental labs and has an active
subject pool. Advanced methodological skills are a strong plus. Candidates
with primary interests in other areas of American politics or in political
economy should apply to our other active searches.
The State University of New York at Stony Brook is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applications from women, people
of color, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans or Vietnam era
veterans are especially welcome. This position is subject to budgetary
approval. If you require a disability related accommodation, please
contact Ms. Pamela Wolfskill, 631-632-7688. We will primarily consider all
applications received by September 30, 2012, although we will continue to
accept applications after that date. Send letter of application, c.v.,
three letters of recommendation (names of references for senior
applicants), samples of written work, and transcript (junior applicants
only), preferably on-line at https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/1764,
or alternatively by post to Chair, Political Psychology Search, Department
of Political Science, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794-4392.

American/Methods
The Political Science Department at Stony Brook University seeks to hire
in the field of American Politics beginning Fall 2013. We will look at
applications at both the junior and senior level with a tenured hire being
possible for the right candidate. We are particularly interested in
candidates who build on our existing strengths in political methodology,
elections, legislative politics, parties, voting and/or judicial politics.
Candidates with primary interests in political psychology or political
economy should apply to our other active searches.
The State University of New York at Stony Brook is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applications from women, people
of color, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans or Vietnam era
veterans are especially welcome. This position is subject to budgetary
approval. If you require a disability related accommodation, please
contact Ms. Pamela Wolfskill, 631-632-7688. We will primarily consider all
applications received by September 30, 2012, although we will continue to
accept applications after that date. Send letter of application, c.v.,
three letters of recommendation (names of references for senior
applicants), samples of written work, and transcript (junior applicants
only), preferably online at https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/17645,
or alternatively by post to Chair, American Politics Search, Department of
Political Science, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794-4392.

Matthew Lebo, PhD
Associate Professor &
Acting Chair, 2011-12
Department of Political Science