From:
Johannes Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Johannes Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2023 08:45:55 +0000
Dear colleagues,

we are now accepting submissions for the Sixth International and Interdisciplinary Conference on the Quantitative and Computational Analysis of Textual Data (COMPTEXT) in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, on 2-4 May 2024.

COMPTEXT is an international community of quantitative text analysis and computational social science scholars in political science, international relations and beyond. COMPTEXT 2024 in Amsterdam follows in the footsteps of previous conferences in Budapest (2018), Tokyo (2019) and Innsbruck (online, 2020), Dublin (2022), and Glasgow (2023). COMPTEXT conferences offer ample opportunities to network with computational scholars, to exchange technological knowledge of computational methods, and to obtain useful feedback on ongoing research.

For COMPTEXT 2024 in Amsterdam we are seeking paper submissions that:

  *   rely on image, video, text or other digital trace data to study social and political phenomena broadly construed
  *   propose or evaluate new computational methods or tools
  *   seek to make contributions at the intersection of social science and computer science

 We accept both substantive and methodological papers for presentation: substantive papers may be on any studies in social sciences or humanities that utilize computational methods; methodological papers may describe new computational methods, tools and approaches.

In keeping with our tradition, ahead of the conference a series of methods training tutorials will be held for registered participants. Courses will be offered for both beginner and advanced level participants.

Submission of Paper Abstracts:
Abstracts of max. 250 words and three substantive and/or methods-related keywords, should be submitted by Wednesday 20 December 2023.

Notifications of acceptance will be sent by 16 February, 2024.

The registration deadline is 15 March, 2024.

Please submit your paper at https://forms.gle/VrzhEzJEcTNdM3RN9
[https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/sqoVdEa2IyTt3yYzUYqvzhqEraalWQ38rqbtD9ObwZZHIgiVVGKdFH5AgdcDA7QUCLBpn5K_4wE=w1200-h630-p]<https://forms.gle/VrzhEzJEcTNdM3RN9>
COMPTEXT 2024<https://forms.gle/VrzhEzJEcTNdM3RN9>
Event Address: VU Amsterdam, De Boelelaan 1105, 1801 HV Amsterdam, the Netherlands Contact us at [log in to unmask]
forms.gle

Please be advised that a conference fee will be charged for participants with accepted papers.

The COMPTEXT 2024 Organising Committee consists of:

- Mariken A.C.G. van der Velden (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam)
- Roan Buma  (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam)
- Alona O. Dolinsky  (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam)
- Johannes Gruber (Universiteit van Amsterdam)
- Kasper Welbers (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam)
- Miklós Sebők (Centre for Social Sciences, Budapest)

Equality, Diversion, and Inclusion:
COMPTEXT is committed to creating an inclusive conference where diversity is celebrated, and everyone is afforded equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from everyone, including those who identify with any of the protected characteristics that are set out in VU’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy (https://vu.nl/en/about-vu/more-about/diversity). We especially encourage scholars from traditionally underrepresented groups, female scholars, and early-career researchers to apply.

For more information, please visit our website: http://www.comptextconference.org/

Questions related to COMPTEXT Amsterdam 2024 should be directed to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Best regards,
The Organizers

--
Dr. Johannes B. Gruber Post-Doc Researcher at the Department of Communication Science at the University of Amsterdam (NEWSFLOWS project)

www.johannesbgruber.eu<http://www.johannesbgruber.eu>
bsky.app/profile/jbgruber.bsky.social<http://bsky.app/profile/jbgruber.bsky.social>
fosstodon.org/@JBGruber<http://fosstodon.org/@JBGruber>
twitter.com/JohannesBGruber<http://twitter.com/JohannesBGruber>