From:
Paul Gronke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 21:30:53 -0700
Reed has 2 jobs, one in Comparative/IR and in Normative Theory. I've
pasted the job listings below.

I'm around APSA to informally speak with people but I am *not*
conducting interviews.

See ya!

====

Applications are invited for a tenure-track position in some combination
of comparative politics, international relations, or international
political economy beginning Fall, 2006. The Assistant Professor level is
preferred but applications from more advanced candidates may be
considered. Candidates should have a broad research program and
scholarly interests that reach into other parts of political science. We
seek candidates who treat empirical materials in a comparative context;
who use quantitative or formal theoretic analysis as part of a
disciplined framework of empirical and theoretical hypotheses; and who
integrate this orientation in their teaching of undergraduate seminars
and in the advising of student research. Our pedagogy emphasizes the
conceptual and theoretical foundations of the discipline and includes
supervision of undergraduate thesis students. We expect the Ph.D. to be
in hand, or very near completion, by the start of the appointment. Above
all, we seek candidates with a strong commitment to teaching excellence
at the undergraduate level, a lively and serious program of scholarship
and an interest in treating their specialties explicitly in the light of
the broader problems in the social sciences. We intend to begin our
systematic review of applications by September 26th, but will continue
to accept materials until the position is filled. EOE. A letter of
application, curriculum vitae, three letters of recommendation, and a
writing sample (not to exceed 25 pages) should be sent to Chair,
Comparative/IR Search Committee, 3203 SE Woodstock Blvd., Reed College,
Portland, OR 97202. For more information: http://web.reed.edu

Applications are invited for a tenure-track position in Political Theory
beginning Fall, 2006. The Assistant Professor level is preferred but
applications from more advanced candidates may be considered. We expect
the Ph.D. to be in hand, or very near completion, by the start of the
appointment. Candidates should have a broad research program and
scholarly interests that reach into other parts of political science,
including empirical and analytical areas of the discipline. The
appointment will include participation in Reed’s interdisciplinary
humanities program (http://web.reed.edu/academic/catalog/hum.html). We
expect the Ph.D. to be in hand or near completion by the start of the
appointment. Our pedagogy emphasizes the conceptual and theoretical
foundations of the discipline and includes supervision of undergraduate
thesis students. Above all, we seek candidates with a strong commitment
to teaching excellence at the undergraduate level, a lively and serious
program of scholarship and an interest in treating their specialties
explicitly in the light of the broader problems in the social sciences
and humanities. We intend to begin our systematic review of applications
by September 26th, but will continue to accept materials until the
position is filled. EOE. A letter of application, curriculum vitae, at
least three letters of recommendation, and a writing sample (not to
exceed 25 pages) should be sent to Chair, Political Theory Search

--
Paul Gronke                     Ph:  503-771-1112
Dept. of Political Science      Fax: 734-661-0801