From:
Phil Paolino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 2005 12:47:39 -0500
Dear Andrew,

I would like to submit the following announcement of an open position to
be posted on the Polmeth list:

The Political Science Department at the University of North Texas is
seeking to fill a position in political methodology that is open with
respect to subfield at the assistant or associate professor level. The
successful applicant would have primary responsibility for teaching
undergraduate research methods courses as well as the more advanced
quantitative methods in the department’s methodology sequence for
graduate students. Applicants, therefore, should indicate the range of
courses they feel they are qualified to teach in their cover letter.
Senior applicants should have a proven record of publishing in top-tier
journals, obtaining external funding, and working with other faculty and
graduate students, and junior applicants should have a record that
indicates strong potential to develop in all these areas. The Department
of Political Science at UNT has been ranked as having one of the most
research productive faculty according to recent surveys in PS and is now
significantly expanding the size of its faculty. We will be making up to
five hires this coming academic year in our quest to become one of the
premier political science departments in the nation. The Department of
Political Science has 23 faculty members, offers BA, MA/MS, and PhD
degrees, and has a commitment to both teaching and research. Faculty in
the Department of Political Science also edit the journal, International
Studies Quarterly. The University of North Texas is 35 miles north of
Dallas and Ft. Worth and is the foremost research institution in the
region. The Department?s web site can be found at
http://www.psci.unt.edu. U.N.T. is an EEO/AA/ADA employer and welcomes
all opportunities to enhance our diversity. Women, minorities, Vietnam
era or disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, or other
persons from traditionally underrepresented groups are strongly
encouraged to apply. Applicants should provide a curriculum vitae, a
writing sample, and at least three academic letters of reference. Junior
applicants should also provide transcripts. To ensure consideration,
applications should be received by October 3rd although they will be
accepted until the position is filled. Applications should be addressed
TO: Political Methodology Search Committee, Department of Political
Science, P.O. Box 305340, University of North Texas, Denton, TX 76203.
Inquiries may be directed to the search chair by telephone at 940
565-2276.

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Best,
Phil

Phil Paolino                              office: 940/565-2315
Department of Political Science           fax: 940/565-4818
Box 305340
The University of North Texas
Denton, TX 76203-5340
http://www.psci.unt.edu/~paolino/