From:
Ludovic Rheault <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 2020 22:24:56 +0000
Dear PolMeth community,

In light of recent developments regarding the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, the Society for Political Methodology announces that the 2020 annual summer meeting will be converted into a virtual (online) conference.

While we hope that the COVID-19 outbreak will have abated in July, holding an in-person conference during the summer would have placed an undue stress on participants, by requiring them to prepare travel plans at a time when governments and universities are asking them not to.

We are enthusiastically exploring the logistics of a virtual (i.e. online) conference at this time.  The specifics will be announced in due course.  This is unchartered territory for the Society, but the timing is right to innovate.

For now, the objective is for the online event to happen during the same time period as originally planned (July 16 to July 18, 2020).  The setup would allow for both online presentations and online poster sessions.  As a result, the evaluation of proposals will proceed as usual.

Those who have already submitted a proposal will be surveyed for their interest in presenting online, and of course they should not feel pressured if they choose not to.  Meanwhile, the abstract submission system remains open until April 3rd, and we still accept proposals.  The link for submissions is below:

https://www.cambridge.org/core/membership/spm/register

Best regards,

Ludovic Rheault