From:
"Grossman, Guy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Grossman, Guy
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2023 13:44:44 +0000
PDRI/DevLab@Penn<https://pdri-devlab.upenn.edu/> at the University of Pennsylvania invites applications for its predoctoral fellowship program<https://pdri-devlab.upenn.edu/about-us/capacity-building-initiatives-and-fellowships/>. The program seeks to provide hands-on research experience to early career researchers and expand the representation of researchers from low and lower-middle income countries in international development research.

We encourage applications from recent BA, BS, MA, or MS graduates with a strong desire to attend a top global PhD program in the social sciences; we particularly encourage applications from first generation college students and those who might otherwise find it difficult to make the transition to globally competitive PhD programs. We welcome applicants from a wide variety of research backgrounds and do not require a particular country focus or expertise.

The predoctoral researchers will work on PDRI/DevLab@Penn research projects, receive mentorship from Penn faculty, and take classes. The combination of applied research and traditional coursework qualify fellows for an F-1 student visa.

Applicants should send the following materials:

  *   C.V.
  *   College transcript/s
  *   A letter outlining research interests and fit with the goals of the fellowship
  *   Two letters of recommendation

Please email your application materials to Tatiana Melnikova at [log in to unmask] by September 15, 2023.

Regards,

Guy Grossman and Erik Wibbels