From:
"L.J Zigerell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 2012 16:29:06 -0500
Yes, I noticed something similar: 417 respondents who stated that they
voted for Barack Obama also indicated that they would never vote for him. I
contacted the ANES about this back in 2009, and a representative indicated
that the labels for Q15a were incorrectly reverse coded; Barack Obama was
supposed to be coded lower than John McCain on all items, but this did not
happen in the CSES section. The representative indicated that an erratum
would be posted, which is here:
http://www.electionstudies.org/studypages/2008prepost/2008prepost_errata20090324.htm.
Looks like your student found a similar error.

L J Zigerell
http://ljzigerell.wordpress.com/
**