From:
"Abramson, Scott" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Abramson, Scott
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2022 23:46:10 +0000
Hi All,

Rochester has posted 5 ads this year, including one in methods.  Could you please circulate our methods advertisement. The American, IR, Black politics, and Comparative searches have the same deadline, and our hope is that methodologically inclined folks will apply to those also!

Thanks,
Scott

The Department of Political Science at the University of Rochester invites applications from candidates working in the field of political methodology, broadly defined, for a tenure-track assistant professor position, starting July 1, 2023. We encourage applicants working at the frontiers of statistics and computational social science, including but not limited to those studying causal inference, machine learning, and methods for analyzing massive or complex data.

Applications should include a letter of interest, C.V., research statement, teaching statement, letters of recommendation, samples of written work, graduate transcript and a statement of your commitment to advancing equity and fostering an inclusive and diverse community in academia, including past work and future goals. The University of Rochester is firmly committed to advancing equity and fostering an inclusive and diverse community. We ask candidates to include a statement detailing their past work and future plans for achieving these goals.

Materials should be submitted online at: www.rochester.edu/faculty-recruiting. For more information on the University of Rochester Political Science Department go to: http://www.sas.rochester.edu/psc/. We will begin reviewing applications on September 23, 2022.

The University of Rochester is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively encourages applications from candidates from groups underrepresented in higher education.