Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2008 06:10:18 -0400
In light of the APSA Council's vote last month not to relocate the
2012 annual meeting away from New Orleans, I'm organizing a boycott of
the conference and invite your formal endorsement of the effort.

A boycott statement, crafted by several opponents of the New Orleans
siting and setting forth the fundamental reasons for the embargo, and
a preliminary list of signatories are available online at:

http://www.danpinello.com/Boycott.htm

Please let me know at [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] if
you want your name added to the endorsement roster. All APSA members,
as well as non-members who have already attended an APSA annual
meeting, are welcome to join the list. Note that the boycott statement
and signers' names will be distributed at the Association's upcoming
Boston conference.

The boycott statement's language has been widely vetted. If you're in
general agreement with the goal of avoiding a New Orleans conference,
I hope that you'll be able to set aside any specific disagreements
with wording.

Please be kind enough to forward this message to sympathetic
colleagues and to other listservs of political scientists.

Finally, if you support the boycott and plan to attend the Boston
conference, I want to give you a three-inch "Boycott New Orleans"
button to wear during the convention. Please let me know the best way
to deliver the button to you.

Thank you,
Dan Pinello