From:
Tim Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Tim Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2024 12:39:00 -0600
My co-PI and I are hiring a postdoc to assist in data collection and analysis as part of an NSF-funded research project: “Government-imposed Restrictions on International Economic Relations.” This project seeks to collect detailed, time-varying data on all government-mandated restrictions by the US, EU, and UN on the international flow of goods, services, money, finance, and investment, as well as restrictions on travel, media, and diplomacy, for the years spanning 1992 to 2023. These data will be used in research aimed at understanding what affects the composition and severity of government-imposed economic restrictions, as well as how the composition of economic restrictions affects a variety of outcomes.

We are particularly interested in applicants with strong methods skills in machine coding, web-scraping, network analysis, IRT, and/or spatial econometrics. Further details and an application link can be found here: https://apply.interfolio.com/139707.

Just to summarize some key details: the position will offer opportunities to co-author research with the project PIs. There are no teaching obligations; and the position offers a lot of flexibility. ASU will provide office space and many opportunities to engage with faculty and students, as well as to attend research presentations and other events. The position pays 60,000 USD for the fiscal year (July 1-June 30), and is renewable for a second year (with potential salary increase) conditional on performance and funding.

Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any questions about the position. My email address is: [log in to unmask]

Best,
Tim

Timothy M. Peterson
Associate Professor