From:
Sanja Badanjak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Sanja Badanjak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2023 14:16:06 +0000
Dear colleagues,
The Peace and Conflict Resolution Evidence Platform (PeaceRep),<https://peacerep.org/> an international research consortium funded by the UK government, is seeking to hire two postdocs to support our research agenda and development of data related to peace agreements, peace processes, and mediation. Additionally, we seek to hire a research associate - data visualizer. See below for details of the three posts.
My colleagues and I would very much appreciate you forwarding these details to any potential candidates you may be aware of.
With best wishes,
Sanja

--
Sanja Badanjak, PhD
Chancellor's Fellow

1)      The first postdoc position is based at the University of Edinburgh Law School. The successful candidate will work with Prof. Christine Bell and Dr. Sanja Badanjak to support the PA-X Peace Agreement Database and Dataset and peace process analysis. They will have a doctoral degree (or will soon be awarded one) in Political Science, International Relations, International Law, Sociology, or a similar field, and will be working on issues related to peace processes, transitions from conflict, and related matters. They will also have a keen interest and experience in quantitative research, particularly as it relates to peace processes and mediation efforts in ongoing armed conflict. The post holder will be expected to contribute to the PeaceRep research agenda and to support research management within the team. We are looking for candidates who have some experience in cross-national, comparative quantitative research and research design, and in collecting and analysing quantitative data in social sciences.

UE07 £36,333 - £43,155 Per Annum
College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences / School of Law
Fixed term post, from summer 2023 to 31 March 2026
Full time (35 hours per week)

Apply by 29 June 2023<https://elxw.fa.em3.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1001/job/7637>.

2)      The second postdoc is based at the University of St Andrews School of International Relations. The successful candidate will work with Dr. Mateja Peter to develop a PeaceRep Global Peacemaking Database, support the research project's comparative data collection on modalities of peace mediation, conduct quantitative analyses and prepare and disseminate the research findings. The post is available for 12 months in the first instance, with a possibility of renewal. We're hoping for the successful applicant to start work on the project as soon as possible, but a start date of up to 1 September 2023 can also be arranged.

Salary: £36,333 - £43,155 per annum

Fixed Term: 12 months in the first instance

Start: As soon as possible

Full time

Apply by 7 July 2023.<https://www.vacancies.st-andrews.ac.uk/Vacancies/W/6516/0/395207/889/research-fellow-ar2827mr>

3)      In addition to the two postdoctoral posts, the PeaceRep team at the University of Edinburgh is also hiring a research associate - data visualizer, to work with the PA-X and Global Peacemaking teams on developing interactive visualisations based on the project's data resources. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with an international and interdisciplinary team of researchers and data analysts and will be focusing on developing data visualisations in the field of peace and conflict studies, working with newly collected data on peace processes and peace mediation. The post-holder will both design visualizations and work to customise and adapt other existing visual tools. We are looking for a candidate who holds an MA degree or equivalent in practical experience in data visualisation or a related discipline; or who demonstrates equivalent research/academic experience undertaken. In terms of skills, the post requires excellent programming and software development skills for web and visualization development, particularly in tools such as D3.js, Vega-lite, Python vis library, Tableau, or Power BI, to support the development of timelines, maps, and network plots.

UE06: £30,619.00 - £35,308.00 Per Annum
College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences / School of Law
Full Time - 35 Hours per Week
Fixed Term Contract, from Summer 2023 to March 31, 2026

              Apply by 30 June 2023.<https://elxw.fa.em3.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1001/job/7636/?utm_medium=jobsharec>

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336. Is e buidheann carthannais a th' ann an Oilthigh Dhùn Èideann, clàraichte an Alba, àireamh clàraidh SC005336.