Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2017 13:26:53 +0000
2017 International Political Economy Society (IPES) Conference

November 17-18, 2017

The University of Texas at Austin

We are pleased to announce the 2017 International Political Economy Society (IPES) conference from November 17-18 at the University of Texas at Austin.  Nate Jensen and Rachel Wellhausen are our local hosts.

Please browse the full conference program and complete your registration on our new website (https://www.internationalpoliticaleconomysociety.org/ ). We ask that you register by Monday, October 30. The conference fee is $100 for faculty and $25 for graduate students. UT Austin faculty and students need to register but do not pay the conference fee.

The conference committee has reserved a block of hotel rooms at the AT&T Hotel and Conference Center on UT Austin’s campus. Please reserve online (https://aws.passkey.com/go/UTPOLI1117) or by phone, 1-877-744-8822, using the reference code, UTINTP117.  The conference rate of $185/night is available now through October 17. The Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) serves the area. Discounted parking is also available upon request.

We strongly encourage all presenters and attendees to stay for the entire meeting. We will provide three meals, coffee, and snacks on both Friday and Saturday. The Friday evening reception and dinner will take place at the Blanton Museum of Art, which is a short walk from the hotel. We hope all will attend. Additionally, we are hosting an optional dinner Saturday night at Lambert’s in downtown Austin. We ask that you RSVP for Saturday’s dinner on the conference registration page; we will meet all your dietary needs. Please consider attending Saturday's dinner before going out to enjoy Austin’s live music and arts scene.

We are excited to announce that the conference will include an Editors Roundtable. We welcome editors from International Organization, Comparative Political Studies, International Studies Quarterly, Review of International Organizations, and Economics and Politics. The Steering Committee hopes this event will be a good opportunity for IPES attendees to get a sense of journal publishing options, as well as the review and editorial process, for C/IPE-related work. Many thanks to Layna Mosley (UNC Chapel Hill) for organizing and chairing.

Finally, we are delighted to present the David A. Lake Award for Best Paper presented at the 2016 IPES conference to Eric Arias (Princeton University) for his paper, "Patronage by Credit: International Sources of Patronage Politics". Leo Baccini (McGill University), Manfred Elsig (World Trade Institute), and Andreas Dür (University of Salzburg) will also be awarded our initial prize for the Best New Dataset for The Design of Trade Agreements (DESTA).

If you have any questions about Austin or conference logistics, please contact Nate ([log in to unmask]) and Rachel ([log in to unmask]).  Please send questions about conference registration to [log in to unmask]

See you in Austin!

International Political Economy Society

   Editors: Jonathan Homola  <[log in to unmask]>

               Michelle Torres     <[log in to unmask]>