From:
Jessica L Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Jessica L Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2024 21:17:23 +0000
Dear all,

Project ECHO's Research, Evaluation, and Data Insights (REDI) Team invites applications for a full-time evaluator/researcher for our National Programs space. This position is a Research Scientist 3 within University of New Mexico position structure. REDI Team supports continuous improvement of ECHO initiatives by providing multiple types of data, evaluation, and research services.
Information about Project ECHO: https://projectecho.unm.edu/.
To apply:  https://unm.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/18/home/requisition/28912?c=unm&referralToken=zOxUlGBqAkOtpzLbdvEJpA<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/unm.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/18/home/requisition/28912?c=unm&referralToken=zOxUlGBqAkOtpzLbdvEJpA__;!!KXH1hvEXyw!dSNFIxqg3dQordj8SgxySgniahqEKTy2oKjAAUC9QVVPklIxk9BZuPFfj2FQ9Yhu9RhGKlbxVJST_td0nuKh0bxUviBRvXbC$>

JOB DESCRIPTION
The Research Scientist 3 will play a critical role in designing, implementing, and reporting results from ECHO program evaluations and/or research projects in New Mexico and beyond. This position will work closely with other members of the REDI Team focused on evaluation and data, as well as collaborate with ECHO program teams and other divisions of ECHO Institute including National and NM Programs Teams and Grants, IT, and Joint Accreditation departments.

Responsibilities include:

  *   Designing, implementing, and reporting results from evaluations of ECHO program(s) in accordance with grant requirements/deliverables, standard human subjects research principles and practices, and Project ECHO standard operating procedures.
  *   Adapting evaluation designs to meet specific needs arising from shifting business needs, grant/funder requirements, or in accordance with best practices in research design.
  *   Drafting evaluation/research plans and protocols, and documenting implementation progress.
  *   Managing evaluations and research studies to meet business needs and grant requirements, working collaboratively with ECHO program and REDI teams.
  *   Developing and implementing surveys, focus groups and interviews, and other data collection tools, including the use of secondary data, as needed to meet evaluative objectives.
  *   Conducting evaluation and research activities in accordance with ethical and legal requirements for the conduct of human subject's research; preparing human subject research protocols and managing modifications as needed.
  *   Thoroughly documenting analytic procedures for reproducibility.
  *   Analyzing quantitative and qualitative data using statistical software/programming languages (e.g., R, Python), qualitative analysis software (e.g., NVivo), or other tools as needed for reporting purposes.
In collaboration with Data Team and Program Teams, implementing and effectively interpreting dashboards utilizing evaluation data.
  *   Accurately summarizing and reporting on findings in a variety of venues including formal/informal presentations, grant reports, and manuscripts for publication.
  *   Training ECHO program and other staff on evaluation practices and standard procedures as needed to ensure effective implementation of evaluation/research plans and to meet human subjects protection and grant requirements.
  *   Leading training on evaluation frameworks and methods for ECHO partners on an as needed basis.
  *   Researching and studying new or existing techniques, tools or software that are relevant to evaluation and data management projects and goals. Engages in professional development opportunities when relevant.

Preferred Qualifications:

  *   Strong, demonstrated experience working on complex evaluation or research projects that require data analysis and organization. Research experience related to public health or community engaged research is a plus.
  *   Demonstrated ability to build relationships, gain credibility, influence, and partner with business leaders, and peers
  *   Outstanding communication and leadership skills; ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and develop positive outcomes with a wide range of individuals and constituents
  *   Strong quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis skills
  *   Excellent flexibility and prioritization skills: ability to thrive in a fast-paced working environment with competing deadlines
  *   Experience using R or Python preferred
  *   Strong project management skills
  *   Experience writing and/or managing research grants

PAY:  Monthly: $3,955.47 - $5,555.33
TERM:  Full-time
LOCATION:  Position is HYBRID, remote work optional.

PROJECT ECHO
Project ECHO is unique and innovative center based within a vibrant academic community at the University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center. Our mission is to democratize implementation of best practices with a goal of helping 1 billion people lead better lives by 2025.  We are looking for mission-driven high performers who share similar values to join our team and help us achieve this goal.
Project ECHO is committed to democratizing implementation of best practices in healthcare, education and other areas where first mile professionals need support.  We do this by training universities, nonprofits, and dedicated individuals on facilitation skills and how to set up robust virtual communities of practice to be able to scale their own expertise and missions to the benefit of their local communities.  Over the past 20 years, Project ECHO and our partners have trained more than 1,000 partners who make up our global network of Universities, ministries of health, and NGOs around the world. Examples of programs we and others run include infectious disease control (Hepatitis C, HIV), mental health and addiction treatment, literacy, math, climate mitigation and many more.
Project ECHO is funded in part by philanthropic grants and gifts from organizations such as the GE Foundation, the Helmsley Charitable Trust, the Bristol Myers Squibb Foundation, the Merck Foundation, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the US Government.  Additionally, for programming benefitting New Mexico we receive support from the NM Legislature, the New Mexico Human Services Department and the New Mexico Department of Health.

Project ECHO prides itself on being a values-based organization and inclusive place to work.  Our seven values include: Service to the Underserved, Democratization of Knowledge, Mutual Trust and Respect, Teamwork, Excellence and Accountability, Innovation and Learning and Joy of Work.  We strive to find individuals who can embrace and exemplify these values.  In addition, Project ECHO was named one of Albuquerque's Top Three Best Places to Work in 2023. This award recognizes organizations of all sizes with exceptional climates, team atmospheres, benefits, and employee engagement. For more information and a brief overview of benefits available please visit Project ECHO Newsroom<https://hsc.unm.edu/news/2023/08/echo-top-three-abq.html>.
Please reach out with questions.

Jessica L. Jones, PhD
she/her/hers
Director of Research and Evaluation
Research, Evaluation & Data Insights (REDI) Team Lead
Project ECHO(r)
University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center