Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:37:30 -0400
The Department of Political Science at Stony Brook University invites
applications for a tenure track, Assistant professor position in
methodology, starting Fall, 2006. We are looking for someone who can teach
advanced graduate courses in methodology, particularly Bayesian methods.
Substantive field is open although we have a preference for candidates who
work in the areas of American politics, political economy, and political
behavior/psychology. Ph.D. expected by August, 2006.  We are offering a
competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience.  The
State University of New York at Stony Brook is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.  Applications from women, people
of color, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are especially
welcome. This position is subject to budgetary approval.  If you require a
disability related accommodation, please contact Ms. Suzanne Allsopp,
631-632-7688. We will primarily consider all applications received by
October 15, 2005, although we will continue to accept applications after
that date. Send c.v., three letters of recommendation, samples of written
work, and transcript to Chair, Methodology Search, Department of Political
Science, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794-4392.

Stanley Feldman
Department of Political Science
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-4392