From:
Giancarlo Visconti <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Giancarlo Visconti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2024 14:29:29 -0500
Dear colleagues,

The Midwest Workshop in Empirical Political Science (MWEPS) is accepting
applications for its Spring 2024 meeting! The eleventh meeting of MWEPS
will be held in-person at the Department of Political Science at Penn State
on *Friday, March 29, 2024.*

MWEPS is a network of graduate students, post-doctoral fellows, and junior-
and associate-level faculty who use empirical methods to study the
political economy of development and governance in the Global South. Our
workshops use a "read ahead" format (no presentations) and have provided
dozens of political scientists with friendly, constructive feedback since
2018. We hope to continue our success this spring with another exciting
line-up of presentations.

We invite graduate students, post-doctoral fellows, and junior- and
associate-level faculty at any institution in the Midwest (broadly defined)
to apply. We welcome article-length submissions that focus on any aspect of
the political economy of development and governance in the Global South. We
are particularly interested in submissions from graduate students who will
be on the academic job market in Fall 2024 and submissions that utilize
advanced quantitative or qualitative methods. We also welcome the
submission of well-developed pre-analysis plans and research designs.
Submissions may include a single or multiple co-authors. While only
selected papers will be discussed at the meeting, others are welcome to
attend the workshop (just let us know in advance).

The deadline to submit your paper is *1 February 2024*. Please circulate
this call widely to colleagues in your networks. Professors are especially
encouraged to forward this call to advanced graduate students and
postdoctoral fellows. Please submit your application using this form. If
you have any questions, please email a member of this year's organizing
committee, Daniel Tavana ([log in to unmask]) or Giancarlo Visconti (
[log in to unmask]). We hope to have the workshop schedule finalized by
mid-February.

Application link: https://forms.gle/7pKsQU3RumToSvFh8

We hope to see you in March. Please spread the word to other interested
colleagues. We look forward to seeing you at MWEPS XI!

MWEPS XI Organizing Committee
Daniel Tavana and Giancarlo Visconti

--
Giancarlo Visconti