From:
George Krause <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 13:14:29 -0400
Dear Colleagues:

     Hi.  My department has a junior-level position opening in Formal Theory
(it is advertised under the "Methodology" section in ejobs: Listing ID:
10578). We have defined this position as being open with respect to
substantive field specialization (American Politics, Comparative Politics,
or International Relations).  If you (1) have any questions concerning this
position opening, (2) are personally interested in the position opening, or
perhaps (3) know someone else who might be interested in this position
opening, please do not hesitate to contact me (FYI: I am the search
committee chair).   Please see the formal job description listed below.

The Department of Political Science at the University of Pittsburgh invites
applications for an Assistant Professor position in formal theory. At the
beginning level strong preference will be given to candidates who have
completed all the requirements for the PhD. Degree prior to the start of the
appointment in Fall 2007, academic term. Applicants may work in any area of
formal theory (game theory, social choice theory, decision theory, etc.).
The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong substantive focus along
with an interest in empirical applications. The successful candidate will be
responsible for teaching graduate course(s) in applied game theory on a
regular basis. We especially encourage applicants whose primary research
interests center on applying game theory to the study of political
institutions and positive political economy. Please send applications
including a cover letter containing a description of their research,
curriculum vitae, graduate transcripts, evidence of teaching ability, and a
minimum of two or three writing samples. Applicants should also forward
three letters of reference to Chair, Formal Theory Committee; Department of
Political Science; 4600 Posvar Hall; Pittsburgh, PA 15260. Application
deadline is October 15, 2006. Political Science Department telephone number
(412) 648-7290. Email address [log in to unmask] The University of Pittsburgh
is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Members of
minority groups are especially encouraged to apply.

Best Regards,

George

George A. Krause

Professor

Department of Political Science

University of Pittsburgh

4442 Wesley W. Posvar Hall

230 South Bouquet Street

Pittsburgh, PA 15260  [USA]

412.648.7278 (Office Phone)

412.648.7277 (Department Fax)

412.648.7250 (Department Phone)

 <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] (E-Mail Address)

 <http://www.pitt.edu/~gkrause/> http://www.pitt.edu/~gkrause/ (Website
Address)