From:
Simon Jackman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2013 11:50:27 -0800
On Jan 24, 2013, at 9:55 AM, Charles Stewart III <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I would make sure that this dataset reflects the final official returns.  California, for instance, took weeks to complete its count, so the first numbers will be quite far from the certified results.

Yes, and a fortiori wrt NY.

The media sites use a feed from AP, which stops being updated about 5 days after the election.

Dave Wasserman did an amazing job keeping the state by state tallies updated through the long post-election count, but not sure if he did counties.

It might be worth writing Leip a check, or getting your university library to do so, etc.

— Simon Jackman

> David Leip sells the county data for a very reasonable sum.  It's based on the official returns.
>
> Charles
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Jan 24, 2013, at 12:48 PM, "Scott McClurg" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Thanks folks!
>> --
>>
>> Scott D. McClurg
>> Professor of Political Science and Sociology
>> PN-L Moderator
>> Department of Political Science
>> Southern Illinois University
>> Mailcode 4501
>> Carbondale, IL 62901
>>
>> (e) [log in to unmask]
>> (p) 618.453.3179
>>
>> On Jan 24, 2013, at 10:49 AM, Linzer, Drew wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Scott,
>>>
>>> Maybe you've gotten a million emails about this already, but the Guardian has a spreadsheet here:
>>>
>>> http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/nov/07/us-2012-election-county-results-download
>>>
>>> Don't know how current/final the numbers are, but there you go.
>>>
>>> Take care,
>>> Drew

Simon Jackman, Depts of Political Science & (by courtesy) Statistics,
Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305-6044, USA.
http://jackman.stanford.edu
Co-Principal Investigator, American National Election Studies
cell: +1 (650) 387 3019  fax: +1 (650) 724-9095