From:
Alice Johansson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Alice Johansson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2023 08:27:34 +0000
Hello,

We would like to draw to your attention that the Quality of Government Institute at the University of Gothenburg is hiring a Data Manger to the QoG data team for the collection and integration of comparative data. See the post below or online: https://web103.reachmee.com/ext/I005/1035/job?site=7&lang=UK&validator=9b89bead79bb7258ad55c8d75228e5b7&job_id=29723

We would very much appreciate if this job opening could be spread in your network. Pease don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

With kind regards,

Alice Johansson

Degree programme coordinator

The Quality of Government Institute

Department of Political Science

University of Gothenburg

Box 711, 40530 Göteborg

+46(0)31 786 63 56

www.gu.se/qog<http://www.gu.se/qog>

www.facebook.com/QoG.Institute<http://www.facebook.com/QoG.Institute>

https://twitter.com/qogdata

https://linkedin.com/company/quality-of-government-institute

View this email in your browser<https://mailchi.mp/6f3a2de5b9eb/qog-news-july-20194273?e=e9b8a0d2fb>

[https://mcusercontent.com/4bf39977ddba08d819b806455/images/33b9df28-a429-488c-8249-e8846e5dad71.jpg]

[https://mcusercontent.com/4bf39977ddba08d819b806455/images/25d1965c-4dc5-33bd-a0f0-6d8c7c81d212.jpg]

Vacant position: Data Manager to the Department of Political Science and the QoG institute

The Department of Political Science and the QoG-institute are now looking for a permanent database manager to the QoG data team for the collection and integration of comparative data.

With us you will get to work in an international, dynamic research environment and gain insight into many different research projects. You will be part of a creative and self-motivated team and have the opportunity to collaborate with different researchers in QoG-related research.

Job assignments

As a database manager, you will have an important role in identifying, transforming and making data available for the international research community. Together with the QoG team members, you will be responsible for developing the institute's system and data-flows as well as handling of complex data structures using mainly Stata and R.

The main tasks include:

  *   Monitor, collect, analyse and transform new data from research organizations, academic journals, and reports.

  *   Create and maintain project-specific solutions (including webpages, publications, and interactive tools).

  *   Conduct quantitative data analysis.

  *   Assist the research group with quantitative data analysis and answer data related questions.

  *   Create tables, graphs and other visualizations to complement presentations and published material.

Qualifications

We are looking for a enthusiastic person who is interested in learning new tools and creating new solutions. You must have following qualifications

  *   At least a bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or equivalent.

  *   Proven knowledge of statistical methods with relevance for the social sciences and advanced data management.

  *   Proficiency in Stata and R.

Meritorius but not mandatory

  *   Experience with Python.

  *   Knowledge of database driven web applications programming and some experience with HTML/JavaScript.

You are a suitable candidate if you have:

  *   Eye for details, good organizational skills and problem-solving skills.

  *   High communication and collaboration skills.

  *   Very good knowledge of spoken and written English, as the working language is mainly English within the QoG Data team.

We have a passion for learning new tools and finding new solutions to develop and improve our syntaxes for data management and to convey new knowledge to different audiences. Furthermore, we work independently and we believe that, in this role, you will be able to learn and gain experience in subject that are also of your interest.

Great importance is placed on the personal suitability for the position. We will make an overall assessment and the applicant who is considered to be best qualified to carry out and develop the tasks described above will be appointed to the position.

Employment

Permanent employment, extent 100% of full-time and is currently placed at the Department of Political Science. Probationary employment for 6 months may be applied.

First day of employment: As soon as possible or according to agreement.

Contact information for the post

If you have questions regarding the employment, or details about the projects in which this position is organized, please contact Associate Professor Aksel Sundström, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>