From:
Jeff Gill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:20:21 -0600
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 12:02:12 -0800
From: Deborah Clark <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: 2010 Stanford Summer Institute in Political Psychology Announcement

Dear Jeff,

I understand that you are the president and section manager, so I am including an
announcement below on Stanford's upcoming 2010 Summer Institute in Political Psychology
(SIPP), which has been a highly respected program in the field since 1991.

We would greatly appreciate this outreach support getting to your members, whom we feel
would be interested in this program.

If you need additional information other than the enclosed, please don't hestitate to
contact me.  If you could please let me know when this is sent out, that would be very
helpful in tracking our outreach.

Best,
Deborah

Deborah Clark
SIPP Coordinator
Department of Communication
Stanford University
(650) 723-4439

ANNOUNCING:

THE 2010 SUMMER INSTITUTE IN POLITICAL PSYCHOLOGY

at Stanford University from July 11 – July 30, 2010

Applications are being accepted now for the 19th Annual Summer Institute in Political
Psychology, to be held at Stanford University July 11-30, 2010.

The Summer Institute offers 3 weeks of intensive training in political

psychology.  Political psychology is an exciting and thriving field that explores the
origins of political behavior and the causes of political events, with a special focus on
the psychological mechanisms at work.

Research findings in political psychology advance basic theories of politics and are an
important basis for political decision-making in practice.

SIPP was founded in 1991 at Ohio State University, and Stanford has hosted SIPP since
2005, with support from Stanford University and from the National Science Foundation.
Hundreds of participants have attended SIPP during these years.

The 2010 SIPP curriculum is designed to (1) provide broad exposure to theories, empirical
findings, and research traditions; (2) illustrate successful cross-disciplinary research
and integration; (3) enhance methodological pluralism; and (4) strengthen networks among
scholars from around the world.

SIPP activities will include lectures by world-class faculty, discussion groups,
research/interest group meetings, group projects, and an array of social activities.

Some of the topics covered in past SIPP programs include race relations, conflict and
dispute resolution, voting and elections, international conflict, decision-making by
political elites, moral disengagement and violence, social networks, activism and social
protest, political socialization, and justice.

In 2010, SIPP will accept up to 60 participants, including graduate students, faculty,
professionals, and advanced undergraduates.

http://www.stanford.edu/group/sipp

Applicants are accepted on a rolling basis until all slots are filled, so applying soon
maximizes chances of acceptance.