From:
"Chris W. Bonneau" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2017 13:19:50 -0400
Colleagues:
The Department of Political Science is hiring two Assistant Professor
positions: one in American Politics and one in Comparative Politics.  The
ads are below.  Both Kris Kanthak and I are happy to meet with interested
individuals for the American Politics job at APSA (contact us at
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]); Jae-Jae Spoon ([log in to unmask]) can
answer any inquiries about the Comparative Politics position.

*American Politics*
The Department of Political Science at the University of Pittsburgh invites
applications for a tenure-stream position in American Politics at the rank
of Assistant Professor, pending budgetary approval.  Qualified candidates
will have a research focus on institutions, broadly defined. We seek
candidates whose work is innovative, theoretically driven and/or
methodologically sophisticated, and we particularly welcome candidates whose
interests complement our existing strengths in representation, diversity,
political parties, or political economy.

Applicants should have a Ph.D. in hand or expected by the end of the summer
of 2018.  Applications should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae,
statement of research and teaching interests, two or three writing samples,
teaching evaluations (if available), and a minimum of three letters of
reference. For each reference, you will have the opportunity to input a
personal email address or an email address generated through
Interfolio’s Online
Application Delivery. In both cases, an email notification will be sent to
the designated address with instructions about uploading letters of
recommendation into our system. Please apply electronically at
https://facultysearch.as.pitt.edu/apply/index/MTky. Review of applications
will be on September 15, 2017, and will continue until the position is
filled.  The Political Science Department telephone number is (412) 648-7290
; the contact e-mail address is [log in to unmask] The University of
Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values
equality of opportunity, human dignity, and diversity.
EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled.

*Comparative Politics*
The Department of Political Science at the University of Pittsburgh invites
applications for a tenure-stream position at the level of Assistant
Professor in comparative politics, pending budgetary approval. Successful
candidates will have a strong regional expertise that focuses on, but is
not necessarily limited to, Europe, and have a substantive focus on topics
relevant to consolidated democracies with developed economies. We are open
to a variety of methodological approaches. We are especially interested in
scholars whose work complements and builds on departmental strengths in
comparative and international politics. The position will also be
affiliated with the University’s European Studies Center (
https://www.ucis.pitt.edu/esc/).

Applicants should have a Ph.D. in hand or expected by the end of the summer
2017. Applications should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae,
statement of research and teaching interests, two or three writing samples,
teaching evaluations (if available), and a minimum of three letters of
reference; references will receive email notification with instructions
about submitting their letters. Please apply online at:
https://facultysearch.as.pitt.edu/apply/index/MTA5. Review of applications
will begin on September 15, 2017, and will continue until the position is
filled. The Political Science Department telephone number is (412) 648-7290;
the contact e-mail address is [log in to unmask] The University of Pittsburgh
is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and members
of minority groups underrepresented in academia are especially encouraged
to apply.
Chris W. Bonneau, Associate Professor of Political Science
Co-editor, *State Politics & Policy Quarterly*
Department of Political Science
University of Pittsburgh
4600 Posvar Hall
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
www.pitt.edu/~cwb7
@Bonneau_Says
View my research on my Google Scholar page:
*http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=O0uB13MAAAAJ&hl=en
<http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=O0uB13MAAAAJ&hl=en>*