From:
Tobin Grant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 11:33:02 -0500
There are currently some discussions regarding the format of the political
methodology meetings.  The conference is highly successful and provides a
great format for discussing methods research.  But with success comes
greater demand.  Should the meeting become larger?  Or would this diminish
the unique social aspect of the meeting?  Is it feasible to have more
participants?  Should there be additional, regional meetings?

If you are interested in discussing this, I've created a simple blog so that
we don't fill up everyone's inboxes.  The blog is at
http://poliscimethods.blogspot.com/.  I've also included an open thread and
one for the 2006 meeting.   Email me if you want other discussion threads
included.  Please don't post junk about epistemology or other qual vs. quant
debates.  This is a place to discuss practical issues facing the subfield.

Tobin

J. Tobin Grant

Associate Professor

Department of Political Science