From:
Kevin Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Kevin Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2024 10:00:36 -0500
Hello!

Survey 160 is hiring another full-time survey manager to work with us
administering live interviewer SMS surveys and text-to-web surveys. If
folks on this list know recent undergraduates or grad students with whom
they've worked closely with at a university survey research center  for
example, please feel free to share this listing. It's a fully remote
position, and it is a permanent addition to our staff, not just a hire for
the 2024 election cycle. The full listing is below, and I'm happy to answer
any questions

All the best,
Kevin Collins

-------

JOB LISTING: Survey Manager

Survey 160 seeks a full-time survey manager to manage data collection
projects. Survey 160 is a research company that builds and uses proprietary
software to conduct live interviewer SMS and text-to-web surveys on
elections, public policy, and other topics.

This survey manager will work with the Chief Research Officer and Director
of Survey Operations to conduct quantitative research both in support of
client projects and company-wide services, clean/sort/maintain survey data,
and assist with ongoing client operations with respect to data collection
using our proprietary software. Through this work, you will help Survey 160
achieve its mission of providing accurate and actionable public opinion
research at affordable costs.

The survey manager role is fully remote and can be based anywhere,
conditional on being authorized to work in the United States. For this
role, we are looking for someone willing to work Eastern time hours or
earlier. This is a permanent role as we seek to grow our team.

This position is ideal for candidates with 1-2 years experience at a survey
firm, or recent college graduates with experience working with university
survey research centers. We are looking for candidates who are passionate
about survey research, methodological innovation and advancing progressive
values.

REQUIREMENTS

   -

   1-2 years of experience in programming surveys, performing quality
   control checks, and/or managing projects for clients.

   -

   Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, especially in writing
   appropriate to be delivered to a client.

   -

   Demonstrated fluency with R or Stata for cleaning and analyzing data;
   proven ability to debug own code and code of others.

   -

   Proficiencies in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets.

   -

   Ability to work well with remote colleagues.

   -

   Problem-solving, critical thinking & communication skills.

   -

   Highest degree of integrity, specifically with respect to access to
   sensitive client information/data.

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS

   -

   Demonstrated interest in advancing progressive values.

   -

   Prior academic or industry experience with survey design and/or survey
   data analysis, especially including list-based sampling, weighting, and
   preparation of toplines and crosstabs.

   -

   Ability to creatively contribute to internal research to develop best
   practices for live SMS and text-to-web surveys.

LOCATION

Survey 160 is a fully remote company, though all applicants must be
eligible to work in the United States and be able to virtually meet with
other team members during US time zone working hours. Willingness to work
Eastern Time hours, or earlier, is preferred for this role.

COMPENSATION

The salary range is between $55,000 and $70,000, depending on experience.

CONTACT

For information about the position or to apply, contact Kevin Collins at

Are you a great problem solver who takes pride in your work and in making a
difference? This is a chance to gain experience building for scale and
seeing impactful work in production. Please apply! Candidates of color,
women and non-binary candidates, and LGBTQ candidates are especially
encouraged. Survey 160 recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes
regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age,
veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
Survey 160 celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive
environment for all employees.