From:
Raquel Centeno <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Raquel Centeno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2023 10:29:39 -0700
Hi all,

The Junior Americanist Workshop Series (JAWS) is now accepting submissions
for its Fall 2023 sessions!

Created in Fall 2020, JAWS is a platform for junior scholars in American
politics to share their research and network with the broader political
science community. Our research sessions have attracted hundreds of fellow
political scientists and provided presenters with friendly, constructive
feedback from discussants and audience members. We hope to continue our
success with another exciting slate of sessions in Fall 2023.

We encourage submissions from junior scholars (e.g., assistant professors,
non-tenure track scholars, graduate students) in all areas of American
politics. We are particularly interested in submissions from graduate
students who are on the academic job market in the 2023-24 cycle and
submissions that utilize advanced quantitative or qualitative methods.

In addition to article-length manuscripts, we also encourage the submission
of well-developed pre-analysis plans and research designs. Submissions may
be solo-authored or collaborative; if the submission is collaborative, we
will give preference to those with junior scholars as coauthors.

In addition, we seek discussants (junior or senior!) to provide feedback
and guide discussion on presenters’ work.

More details about these and future events are available on our website:
https://jawspolisci.network/

If you would like to present your work at a future JAWS session or
volunteer to serve as a discussant, please do so with the following link:
https://forms.gle/LYCWmdq6nLQY7onr7
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScGpimA76A1vGhiYvfJwPzR6mXjmdS6TaTBZpfhqGqFdQpZ3g/viewform>.

We hope to see you this semester, and please spread the word to other
interested colleagues!

Sincerely,
The JAWS Organizing Committee