From:
Francesc Amat <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Francesc Amat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2024 13:10:26 +0100
Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the organization of the second *Yale-UB Workshop
in Historical Political Economy (HPE)*, a collaborative effort between the
faculties of Yale University and the University of Barcelona.

This workshop is designed to engage faculty members, postdoctoral
researchers, and advanced PhD candidates involved in the study of
historical political economy.

We are calling for submissions spanning a diverse array of topics and
methodologies, focusing on historical political episodes and the enduring
impacts of historical events on contemporary society.

The two-day workshop will be held at the *University of Barcelona on July 8
and 9, 2024*, and will feature a dozen presentations. We are delighted to
have Professor Kenneth Scheve from Yale University as our keynote speaker.

We invite HPE researchers to *submit proposals **using this form*
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfs3jkDLvmw4jXeJp2DarDsDBL-BEqnUlHx9_R5IStdw6d-RA/viewform>*
by
March 7, 2024*. Notification of decisions will be made by mid-March.

Participants will be provided with accommodations and meals, courtesy of
the organizers. Additionally, a limited fund is available to assist with
travel expenses.

We extend our gratitude to the *Yale MacMillan Center* and the *University
of Barcelona* for their generous support of this workshop.

For any inquiries, please reach out to the workshop conveners, Francesc
Amat ([log in to unmask]) from the University of Barcelona and Didac
Queralt ([log in to unmask]) from Yale University.

Please find attached to this message the Call for Papers in PDF format.

Warmest regards,

Didac Queralt and Francesc Amat

Francesc Amat
Ramon y Cajal Fellow
Deputy Director of the Institutions and Political Economy Research Group
(IPERG)
Department of Economic History, Institutions, Politics and World Economy
University of Barcelona