From:
"Lee, Young-Im" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Lee, Young-Im
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2023 07:59:56 +0000
We invite you to submit your paper proposal to the Eighth Annual Southwest Workshop on Mixed Methods Research (SWMMR). We will meet on October 19-20, 2023, at the University of Maryland, College Park.

The annual workshop will include several panels of scholars who will present and discuss article- or chapter-length works in progress that either (a) utilize mixed methods in substantive social science research or (b) contribute to the methodology of mixed-method research.

Participants will receive critical feedback from senior scholars and other participants. Nadia Brown (Georgetown) will be the keynote speaker. Confirmed senior scholars include Agustina Giraudy (American University), Laia Balcells (Georgetown), Mai Hassan (MIT), Callie Jones, Janelle Wong, and Chryl Laird (all at the University of Maryland, College Park).

There is no conference fee. Meals, coffee, and snacks will be provided free of charge during the workshop. We especially encourage paper proposals from graduate students in their last year and early career professors at the Assistant or Associate rank. Additionally, we are committed to fostering diversity in the field of methodology and strongly encourage submissions from individuals who identify with underrepresented groups.

To apply, please visit our website, https://conferencebit.com/swmmr2023  and submit your proposal by June 1, 2023, 11:59 pm (PST). We will notify the results by the end of June. If you have any questions, please email [log in to unmask]

Please check our website: https://swmixedmethods.com/

Organizing committee: Jennifer Cyr (Universidad Torcuato di Tella), Nicholas Weller (University of California, Riverside), Laura García-Montoya (University of Toronto), and Young-Im Lee (California State University, Sacramento)