From:
Christina Cottiero <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Christina Cottiero <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2023 07:36:09 +0000
Dear colleagues,

I am writing to share that the Department of Political Science at the University of Utah is searching for two assistant professors. We would be grateful if you share the job ads below with your department and networks.

Comparative Politics: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/151429
The Department of Political Science at the University of Utah invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in Comparative Politics at the rank of Assistant Professor beginning July 1, 2024. We are interested in candidates whose research makes novel theoretical contributions to such areas as the state, political economy and political development, democratic or authoritarian regimes, domestic conflict and violence, social movements and protests, and/or the environment in one or more regions of the world. We have special interest in candidates with regional expertise in Europe or Asia (especially China), as well as the Middle East and North Africa or Africa. The successful candidate will have expertise in field research and data collection, with a preference for candidates with substantial training in qualitative and/or quantitative methods and a record of research productivity, strong grant potential, and a willingness to contribute to interdisciplinary research and teaching.

Political Theory: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/151430
The Department of Political Science at the University of Utah invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in Political Theory at the rank of Assistant Professor beginning July 1, 2024. We seek a political theorist whose scholarship and teaching addresses the theme of Ecologies and Inequalities. In the context of today’s urgent environmental, social, political, cultural, and economic crises, we are looking for a talented scholar and teacher whose research takes an existential approach to contemporary conditions.  We are especially interested in scholars whose research addresses climate change in relation to social stratifications, including race, class, post-coloniality, and disability. The successful candidate will carry a 2/2 teaching load and will be expected to teach foundational courses in Political Theory as well as courses related to Ecologies and Inequalities that align with their interests.

The Department of Political Science is committed to removing barriers that have been traditionally encountered by individuals from underrepresented groups, strives to recruit faculty who will further enhance our diversity, and aims to support the academic, professional, and personal success of all faculty. Enhancing the diversity of our faculty to improve the field of political science and better serve political science students, is a key part of the department’s strategic plan. The Department has a history of mentoring Assistant Professors from underrepresented groups and providing a supportive environment for attaining academic and professional goals. The University of Utah recognizes that a diverse faculty benefits and enriches the educational experiences of the entire campus and greater community.

I am happy to answer any questions about the department, Utah, etc.

Christina Cottiero, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Political Science, University of Utah
Affiliated Researcher, UC Institute on Global Conflict and Cooperation
Personal website<https://www.christinacottiero.com/>
she/her/hers