From:
Dave Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2006 09:09:36 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

I gave an introduction to LaTeX workshop yesterday at the ICPSR Summer
Program that was relatively well attended.  However, I heard a rumor that
AJPS is no longer accepting LaTeX documents and one member of the audience
asked if this is going to become a trend among all of the major Political
Science journals?  So I write to ask two questions:

1) Is the rumor true and if so, are we likely to see more journals heading
in this direction?

2) What advice should I give to these folks who are getting ready to invest
a reasonable amount of time and energy in learning the quirks and
intricacies of LaTeX document processing?

Thanks,
Dave.

--
Dave Armstrong
University of Maryland

Facts are meaningless.  You can use facts to prove anything that's even
remotely true. - Homer Simpson