From:
Lorenzo Franchi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Lorenzo Franchi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2024 16:42:18 +0000
Dear Society for Political Methodology,

On behalf of Prof. Bernie Black, may I ask you to recirculate the announcement below to your researchers and faculty.

Many thanks,

-------------
Lorenzo Franchi, MS
Northwestern University, Pritzker School of Law, Research Fellow

2024 Northwestern Main and Advanced Causal Inference Workshops
[please recirculate to others who might be interested]
We are excited to be holding our 13th annual workshop on Research Design for Causal Inference at Northwestern Law School in Chicago, IL.  We invite you to attend.
Main Workshop:  Monday - Friday, July 29 - August 2, 2024
Advanced Workshop:  Sunday - Wednesday, August 4-7, 2024
What's special about these workshops are the world-class speakers, who are experts in the topics they will discuss.  See the link below for speaker details.
In person-registration is limited to 125 participants for each workshop.  There will also be a Zoom option, but please come in person if you can.
For information and to register:
https://www.law.northwestern.edu/research-faculty/events/conferences/causalinference/
Main Workshop Outline
Monday, July 29 (Donald Rubin; Harvard University)
Introduction to Modern Methods for Causal Inference
Tuesday, July 30 (Brigham Frandsen, Brigham Young University)
Matching and Reweighting Designs for "Pure" Observational Studies
Wednesday, July 31 (Yiqing Xu, Stanford University)
Panel Data and Difference-in-Differences
Thursday, August 1 (Gonzalo Vazquez-Bare, UC Santa Barbara)
Regression Discontinuity
Friday, August 2: Morning (Eric French, Cambridge University)
Instrumental variable methods
Friday, August 2: Afternoon:   Feedback on your own research
Advanced Workshop Outline
Sunday afternoon, August 4 (optional) (Christian Hansen, Univ. of Chicago)
Primer on machine learning approaches to prediction
Monday, August 5:  Christian Hansen
Applications of machine learning to causal inference
Tuesday, August 6:  Andrew Goodman-Bacon (Federal Reserve Board)
Advanced Difference-in Differences
Wednesday, August 7:  Peter Hull (Brown University)
Advanced Instrumental Variables
Stata and R coding:  On selected days, we will run parallel Stata and R sessions to illustrate code for the research designs discussed in the lectures.
Workshop Organizers
Bernie Black (Northwestern University)
Scott Cunningham (Baylor University)
Questions:  Please email Bernie Black ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) or Scott Cunningham ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) for questions or fee waiver requests, and Sebastian Bujak ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) for logistics and registration questions.