From:
Padi Hallam Joseph <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Padi Hallam Joseph <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2024 18:59:28 -0500
Sharing the news that my team within Meta's marketing department,
Measurement and Survey Science, is hiring.  We are a team of social
scientists with strong backgrounds in political science, sociology,
psychology, and econ (among other areas) and a passion for solving
marketing problems.  The MSS team has driven or collaborated on brand
measurement recommendations for nearly all of Meta's business units,
including WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, Reality Labs, and others. This
full-time position with excellent benefits and stock options would be a
great fit for many in this PolMeth community, and will be based in-office
in either Menlo Park, CA or NYC.

Please see the job description and application here:
https://www.metacareers.com/jobs/691007709588837/

If you have any questions please reach out to me directly - thanks!

- Padi

Padi Hallam Joseph, Ph.D.  (she/her)

Lead | Measurement and Survey Science

1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94062

Meta | Mobile 330-687-8706

Job description:
To succeed, we need to measure and understand the impact our teams are
having for the people and communities who use our apps and services. We’re
looking for people with strong quantitative research skills to help in this
effort. The ideal candidate will join an exciting team of social scientists
who work across all of Meta’s products oversee the full lifecycle of
quantitative and qualitative survey market research - from designing, to
executing, to then telling a compelling, executive-ready story from the
data collected. They will also be highly familiar with marketing strategy
and measurement, including brand, sentiment, and product usage full funnel
measurement among consumers.

Marketing Decision Scientist Responsibilities

* Help shape the team’s research agenda and manage research projects from
end-to-end.
* Collaborate with Consumer and Business Marketing research teams to define
relevant questions about survey methodology and quantitative measurement.
* Deploy appropriate quantitative methodologies to answer those questions.
* Develop novel approaches where traditional methods won’t do.
* Provide teams with usable measurement strategies and methodologies to
meet their product and business decision needs.
* Deliver insights and recommendations clearly to relevant audiences.

Minimum Qualifications

* Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and 5+ years experience or Ph.D. with 1+
year experience in the private sector answering social / consumer behavior
questions.
* Track record of leading projects end to end in survey methodology, online
panel research, non probability based sampling, and market research - as a
primary client, researcher, or a vendor manager.
* Skilled at communicating analyses and results to both technical and
non-technical audiences.
Experience using SQL and using data manipulation and analysis software such
as R, Python etc. for statistical modeling.
* Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a Bachelor's degree in
Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or
equivalent practical experience. Degree must be completed prior to joining
Meta.

Preferred Qualifications

* Degree in the social sciences (e.g., Economics, Political Science,
Sociology, Psychology, Communication), or in a quantitative field (e.g.,
Statistics, Informatics, Econometrics).
Expertise in quantitative and survey research methodologies (e.g., bias
correction for surveys, survey sampling and design, regression modeling,
causal inference from a survey outcome, panel recruitment, designing and
analyzing longitudinal surveys, behavioral data analyses).
* Knowledge of consumer and/or special population marketing strategies and
measurement (e.g. brand and product sentiment, brand affinity, and consumer
segmentation).
* Interest for marketing strategy and problem solving.