Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2007 09:42:59 -0500
Title:      In Defense of Rigorous Theory and Methods: A Response
to Carrubba, Yuen, & Zorn

Authors:    Curtis Signorino

Entrydate:  2007-07-18 09:41:26

QRE, stochastic

Abstract:   Carrubba, Yuen, & Zorn (2007) claims that
comparative statics analysis, in combination with one of three
statistical estimators, provides a simpler alternative to
methods previously presented in my research. I demonstrate that
this claim is false. When examined closely, the procedure
proposed in CYZ is no simpler for the substantive researcher
than anything I have previously recommended. Moreover, the
estimators CYZ proposes are not "alternatives" to methods I have
proposed -- they are exactly the same methods I have previously
recommended. Other points raised in CYZ are similarly clarified.

http://polmeth.wustl.edu/retrieve.php?id=713