From:
Ryan Bakker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:43:18 -0500
Hello, all.

The Odum Institute for Research in Social Science at the University of
North Carolina at Chapel Hill is participating in a national project to
identify, catalog, and preserve digital social science research data.

Our goal is to find and preserve historically significant digital
datasets that many times are lost after a study ends or findings are
published. The project is an outgrowth of the U.S. Library of
Congress?s mandate to create a National Digital Information
Infrastructure and Preservation Program.

Our partners include the Inter-university Consortium of Political and
Social Research (ICPSR), Harvard University, MIT, the University of
Connecticut?s Roper Center, and the National Archives.

If any of you have collected data sets that have not been archived and
are willing to share your data with this project, please contact me at:

Your data will then be archived here at the Odum Institute for future
generations of researchers to analyze.  There is, of course, no fee for
this service.

Feel free to send data as an email attachment or to contact me with any
questions regarding our project.

thanks and I hope to hear from many of you.

ryan

Ryan Bakker
Ph.D. Candidate, Political Science
Odum Institute for Research in Social Science
Manning Hall Room 12, CB#3355
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3355
919.962.0781