From:
David Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 2016 11:27:17 -0500
Hello all,

As is customary, we have extended the deadline for the 2016 BEHAVIORAL
MODELS OF POLITICS CONFERENCE, to be held this year in Pittsburgh, to Feb
8; please see the call for papers below.

More importantly, we want to make clear that graduate students who would
like to attend the training workshop (see below) but don't want to present
a paper of their own at this point are strongly encouraged to apply. We
will continue to accept applications from graduate students for attendance
only until March 7th, conditional on available room.

Please pass this along to any graduate students who you think might be
interested!

Best,
Dave and Jon

*** Call for Papers ***
*2016 BEHAVIORAL MODELS OF POLITICS CONFERENCE **at the UNIVERSITY OF
PITTSBURGH* *Submission Deadline: Feb 1, 2016 * *Graduate Workshop: May 12,
2016* *Main Conference: May 13-14, 2016* *Submission Form
<https://pitt.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cRR4k7NkCmEiUEB>*

We are pleased to announce the *Third Behavioral Models of Politics
Conference* is supported by the National Science Foundation! It will be
held at the University of Pittsburgh on May 13-14, 2016. We aim to bring
together scholars to discuss and share research related to various ways
that analytical models of politics can be broadened to include “behavioral”
concepts. (The first conference was held in Pittsburgh in 2013
<http://www.polisci.pitt.edu/behavioralmodels> and the second at Duke in
2014 <http://sites.duke.edu/2014bmp/>.)

We welcome submissions using a wide variety of approaches, both theoretical
and empirical. Theoretical approaches might include behavioral game theory,
bounded rationality, adaptation and learning, and evolutionary models.
Empirical research might test or challenge conventional modeling
assumptions, identify the boundaries between rational and boundedly
rational behavior, or document empirical regularities that need to be
accounted for by behavioral models. We are also interested in papers that
apply experimental or computational neuroscientific approaches to political
decision-making as well as work in political psychology and behavior that
takes an analytical or behavioral decision research approach.

For the first time this year we will also be providing a training
opportunity for graduate students and others who want to learn more about
the methods involved in behavioral modeling. This will occur the afternoon
before the conference begins and will consist of two training sessions: one
on experimental methodologies and one on stochastic and computational
modeling. Participants in these sessions will be invited as well to a
mentoring dinner that evening.

If you are interested in participating in the conference as a paper
presenter, discussant, or attendee, please fill out the submission form here
<https://pitt.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cRR4k7NkCmEiUEB>. Attendance is
free and food will be provided. Thanks to the NSF, we are also able to
cover travel and accommodations for a limited number of individuals, with
priority given to graduate students and postdocs.

The deadline for submissions is January 22, 2016, and we will notify
presenters of acceptances by February 15. Any questions should be sent to
Organizers:
Jonathan Woon, University of Pittsburgh
David Siegel, Duke University