Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2013 10:36:18 +0200
>> Consider submitting your methodologically interesting articles to the BMS <<
Thanks to INSNA & [log in to unmask]

Deadline: 2 May 2013

I'm delighted to announce that my department is seeking an open ended
assistant professor level position at the Oxford Internet Institute.
We're a growing graduate department at the University of Oxford, so the
successful candidate will be able to work with MSc and D.Phils as well
as the other faculty both in the department and at the university at large.

Oxford is a great place for networks, to be honest, with locals such as
Tom Snijders and Mason Porter, two separate weekly SNA seminars in term,
and a very collegial working environment. The official post is attached
below. I'm on the recruitment panel and I'm happy to answer any
substantive questions about the post, as well as questions about income
streams (for example, Oxford's generous consulting policy) and
transitions between North America and Europe. For administrative
questions and application package details, please email Ornella Sciuto
([log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>).

Take care,

Bernie Hogan

Research Fellow, Oxford Internet Institute
University of Oxford
http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/people/hogan/

-----

Research Fellow
http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/people/newpositions/#p30

Grade 8: Salary £37,382 - £44,607 p.a.

The Oxford Internet Institute (OII) is the world's leading centre for
research into individual, collective and institutional behaviour on the
internet. We have a multi-disciplinary faculty from political science,
sociology, law, geography, economics, communications, computer science,
anthropology, physics, informatics, history and development. OII
researchers use a diverse methodological toolkit, and develop cutting
edge methods to understand digital life, such as experiments, social
network analysis and big data approaches.

We are looking for a Research Fellow to complement our multidisciplinary
team. This position (which is broadly equivalent to the post of
Assistant Professor in the US) offers researchers of outstanding promise
or distinction an opportunity to pursue advanced research and teaching
within this field. The post holder will be a key part of the research
community at the OII and will have full responsibility for managing
their own programme of research, publishing in leading journals and
representing the Institution internationally.

This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced researcher with a
strong methodological and theoretical background in sociology and doing
empirical work with digital or social media data in the analytical
sociology tradition. Applications from those with a strong track record
of multi-disciplinary research on internet-mediated behaviour and/or
related policy issues who have doctorates in other relevant social
science disciplines (such as economics, political science, social
psychology, geography or anthropology) will also be welcomed. The ideal
candidate will have a strong publication record and a proven track
record in successfully applying for research funding.

Based in the heart of Oxford, this post is available from July 2013 and
is offered on an open-ended basis.

Applications for this vacancy are to be made online. The application
form and further details, including a job description and selection
criteria, are available on the Oxford University's recruitment website.

The closing date for applications is 12:00 BST on Thursday 2 May 2013
and only applications received before then can be considered. Interviews
for those short-listed are currently planned to take place in the week
commencing Monday 20 May 2013.

*
* Karl M. van Meter                   BMS, Bulletin de Methodologie Sociologique
* [log in to unmask]               (Bulletin of Sociological Methodology)
* tel 33 (0)1 40 51 85 19             http://bms.sagepub.com/
*                               École normale supérieure
*                          48 boulevard Jourdan - 75014 Paris
*                      distribution list [log in to unmask]
*                     free distribution list [log in to unmask]
* BMS-AIMS                            RC33, Research Committee Logic &
* 45 rue Linné                        Methodology of the International
* 75005 Paris, France                 Sociological Association (ISA)
*                      http://ens.academia.edu/KarlMvanMeter