From:
David Darmofal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2013 16:18:25 -0500
We are pleased to announce the 2nd Annual Southeast Methods Meeting (SEMM),
which will be held on Friday, January 31st, 2014 at the University of South
Carolina. This year’s meeting is a themed conference on Spatial Analysis
and Causal Inference and will be held in conjunction with the Department of
Political Science’s 2nd Annual Political Science Graduate Student
Organization (PSGSO) Conference, which will be held on the following day,
Saturday, February 1st. We invite anyone interested in attending either, or
both, SEMM and the PSGSO conference. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be
provided for attendees of SEMM on Friday, January 31st and breakfast and
lunch will be provided for attendees of the PSGSO conference on February 1st.
Both conferences will be held at the Inn at USC Wyndham Garden (
http://www.innatusc.com/), on the University of South Carolina campus.

We have three papers at this year’s SEMM:

Luke Keele (Pennsylvania State University) and Rocio Titiunik (University
of Michigan)

“Bounding Treatment Effects Under Interference in Geographic Natural
Experiments”

James Monogan (University of Georgia)

“The Fifty American States in Space and Time”

David Darmofal (University of South Carolina)

“Scale and Aggregation: The Modifiable Areal Unit Problem and Spatial
Dependence in Survey Data”

We are also pleased to announce that we will have Jake Bowers (University
of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign) and Anna Bassi (University of North
Carolina at Chapel Hill) as discussants at SEMM.

The keynote speaker for the PSGSO conference on February 1st will be Rob
Franzese (University of Michigan). Rob will be speaking on the SEMM theme
of Spatial Analysis and Causal Inference.

If you are interested in coming to SEMM, please email us at
[log in to unmask], so that we can plan meals. There is no
registration fee for the SEMM conference. There is a small registration fee
of $20 for the PSGSO conference. If you wish to come to the PSGSO
conference on February 1st, you can register for it by following the link
at this website:
http://web.sa.sc.edu/poligrad/conferences/graduate-student-conference/registration-form/.

Funding for SEMM and the PSGSO Conference is provided by the Office of the
Provost and the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of South
Carolina.

We look forward to seeing you at these conferences.

Sincerely,

David Darmofal

Lee Walker

2014 Southeast Methods Meeting Co-Organizers

--
David Darmofal
Associate Professor
Department of Political Science