From:
"Caliskan, Cantay" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, Caliskan, Cantay
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2023 06:29:23 +0000
Applications for SICSS Summer School in Computational Social Sciences at the University of Rochester (May 8 - May 19) are now open! Seniors planning to do a PhD, Master's students, PhD students, and junior faculty within 7 years of their PhD from different fields interested in computational social sciences are welcome to apply! We are very excited about re-organizing the event for the 2nd time this year!

This summer school will give you an opportunity to build an exciting project with a team of researchers (i), expand your research network (ii), learn about the more quantitative aspects of social sciences (iii), and hear what an exciting range of speakers from the field have to say! (iv)

You can find more information about the program and our speakers on our website here (and more to come!): https://sicss.io/2023/rochester/

Applicants must submit the following documents: (i) a curriculum vitae, (ii) a statement of interest (maximum two pages) describing your academic background, any current research, future research ideas, and your interest in computational social science, (iii) one writing sample (no more than 35 pages), and (iv) emails for two referees. More info can be found here: https://sicss.io/2023/rochester/apply.

There is no tuition for the summer school, and we are planning to cover the costs for lunch, coffee, and snacks!

The deadline for the applications is March 17, 2023, 11:59 PM.

Since we have a limited number of spots and the admissions are competitive, please apply as early as you can!

(Also, for the moment, we are planning to organize the summer school in-person.)

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Best wishes,
Cantay Caliskan

Assistant Professor of Instruction in Data Science
Goergen Institute for Data Science, University of Rochester