From:
Andrew Coe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2017 14:12:35 -0400
Hi all,

A conference on formal models in international relations will be held at
the University of Southern California on February 23-24, 2018.  The goal is
to bring together a community of scholars to share work and encourage
professional development.  James Fearon, Andrew Kydd, Robert Powell,
Kenneth Schultz, Branislav Slantchev, and Alastair Smith have already
agreed to serve as discussants, so the conference should be a great chance
to get feedback on ongoing work.

We invite proposals for papers to be presented at the conference from grad
students, postdocs, and faculty.  We anticipate inviting 15-20 scholars to
present, and a few more to attend without presenting.  We welcome proposals
covering any substantive area of international relations.  We are open to
papers that develop, apply, or test a formal model by whatever means, and
also to papers that speak to general classes of models or methods of
testing them.

The Center for International Studies at USC and James Fearon through
Stanford will provide two nights' hotel, meals, and up to $200 toward
travel costs for all participants.

Proposals consisting of a paper title and abstract should be sent to
[log in to unmask] by July 15th.  We look forward to reading your
proposals.  Please do spread the word.

Cheers,

Andrew Coe
Assistant Professor of International Relations
University of Southern California