Political Methodology Society <[log in to unmask]>, rkw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2024 08:21:08 -0700
Note: Submission date is March 1.

We are pleased to announce the Tenth Behavioral Models of Politics (BMP) Conference will be held at the University of Pittsburgh on May 24-25, 2024! The BMP conference aims to bring together scholars to discuss and share research related to various ways that analytical models of politics can be broadened to include “behavioral” concepts. The conference encourages a dialogue between groups of scholars — theorists, empiricists and behavioral experimentalists — who all provide critical insight into political behavior, but who often remain siloed.
The conference is open to all sub-fields in political science as well as related disciplines. We welcome submissions using a wide variety of approaches, both theoretical and empirical. Theoretical approaches might include behavioral game theory, bounded rationality, adaptation and learning, and evolutionary models. Empirical and experimental research might test or challenge conventional modeling assumptions, identify the boundaries between rational and boundedly rational behavior, or document empirical regularities that need to be accounted for by behavioral models. We are also interested in papers that apply experimental or computational neuroscientific approaches to political decision-making as well as work in political psychology and behavior that takes or speaks to an analytical or behavioral decision research approach.

If you are interested in presenting a paper or poster or in participating as a discussant or attendee, please fill out the submission form here https://t.ly/eYPpM  (Please also fill out this form if you would like to only attend so that we can get an accurate headcount.) There is no registration fee to attend the conference.

Conference link: https://sites.google.com/view/bmpconference
The deadline for submissions is March 1st, 2024, and we will notify presenters of acceptances by March 26. Any questions should be sent to Rick Wilson ([log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>), Elizabeth Carlson([log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>), or Kai Ou ([log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>).

2024 BMP Conference Organizers (Elizabeth Carlson, Kai Ou, David Siegel, Rick K. Wilson, Jonathan Woon)

	rkw