Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2011 23:47:31 -0400
Dear Colleagues -

I am writing to share a new job opportunity that may be interesting for
survey researchers.  We are looking to hire a colleague in our Washington,
D.C. office. This specific role is based in our Organization practices and
client work is distributed across public, private, and social sector
situations. The total compensation is very competitive for recent
graduates and experienced hires.

I would be happy to receive any job candidate recommendations, resumes, or
questions. My sincere appreciation in advance.

Cordially,
Warren

Organizational Diagnostic and Research Analyst

Overview: The Organizational Diagnostic and Research Analyst is part of
the consulting service support staff in the Organization Practice. In this
role you will be trained and designated as a diagnostic expert to assess
corporate performance and health in companies around the world. You will
provide functional expertise in transformational change, organization
design, merger management, operations, and strategy studies to solve real
business issues and work with consultants to create management
recommendations and interventions using best practices in organizational
effectiveness.

Detailed Description: The Organizational Diagnostic and Research Analyst
role has two main components:

Approximately 80% of the role will be dedicated to diagnostic activities
that include:
- Managing the administration, analysis and synthesis of data from
proprietary knowledge tools
- Delivering senior executive presentations and workshops on business and
operational impact of survey results
- Training and coaching senior executives to use proprietary data tools to
drive new business initiatives
- Problem solving within client engagement teams to develop the strategy
and program architecture to guide change program implementation

The remaining 20% is focused on:
- Authoring and codifying new knowledge initiatives related to core
organizational issues
- Designing robust training and interactive modules to help generalist
consultants develop functional expertise
- Participating in a global community of practice and coaching junior
members of the team

The role can involve some periods of full-time staffing on client
engagement teams and includes travel when required to support teams.

Desired Skills: The ideal candidate should demonstrate a strong interest
in organizational issues and social science approaches to assess employee,
team, and organizational behavior.

- Solid understanding of organizational behavior and general business
concepts and terminology
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Power Point, Excel, Access) and
statistical software (SPSS, Stata)
- Proven ability to work independently, including managing multiple
projects with demanding deadlines
- Superior problem solving and quantitative skills
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Professional attitude and service orientation; superb team player
- Solid understanding of psychological and economic concepts affecting
behavioral change
- Previous work or academic experience with employee surveys is helpful,
but not a formal requirement

Background/Training: Master's degree in a social science discipline or
business management program is preferred, but not required for candidacy.
A highly qualified candidate will present a strong academic track record
from a nationally ranked institution with academic or work experience
similar to the job responsibilities and qualifications.

Warren Langevin
McKinsey & Company
Washington, DC

Office (202) 662-3105

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received it
in error, please notify us immediately and then delete it.  Please do not
copy it, disclose its contents or use it for any purpose.