From:
George Krause <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:58:19 -0400
Dear Colleagues:

    My colleagues and I are in the process of revisiting our graduate
methods curriculum and I wish to obtain the input from those of you who are
at Ph.D. granting

    departments. I would be very interested in obtaining the following
information directly from you:

(1)     How many basic or introductory type methods courses (e.g., Scope &
Methods, introductory statistics and probability, and introductory
regression) does your PhD program require students take?  What is the nature
of these courses in terms of the material/topics covered?  What are the
objectives relating to the basic methods courses for PhD training?

(2)     How many advanced methods courses (e.g., MLE, Bayseian, Time Series,
Game Theory) does your department offer?  Are any of these courses required
of all PhD students in your graduate program?  How many "advanced" courses
must be taken by PhD students for them to count Methods as a 2nd field as
well as a 3rd field?  Are there any other Methods field requirements?

    Thank you for your time and consideration of this request.

Best Regards,

George

George A. Krause

Professor